The NX70A intermodal wagon is a railway flat wagon designed by CRRC. The wagon has a loading capacity of 70 tons, can be used to transport large machines, vehicles, steel rails, containers, and other goods on 1435 mm gauge railways.
The wagon can transport two 20ft or one 40 ft international standard containers. When transporting two containers, the total weight of each container should not exceed 35 tons, and the dimensions of the containers should meet the standards of ISO 668:95
This type of intermodal wagon has been in service in China’s railway systems for 12 years and has been proved as a mature and reliable flat wagon.
NX70A Key Parameters
- Loading capacity: 70 t
- Tare weight: 23.8 t
- Coefficient of tare weight: 0.34
- Axle load: 23 t/axle
- Load per linear meter: 6.7 t/m
- Braking distance (full load): ≤1400 m
- Braking rate (empty): 24.1%
- Braking rate (full load): 17.9%
- Vehicle length: 13966 mm
- Vehicle maximum width: 3180 mm
- Vehicle maximum height: 1216 mm
- Underframe length: 13000 mm
- Underframe width: 2980 mm
- Distance btw bogie centers: 9000 mm
- Fixed wheelbase: 1830 mm
- Coupler height: 880 mm
- Wheel diameter: 840 mm
- Gauge: 1435 mm
- Running speed: 120 km/h
- Minimum radius of curvature negotiable: 145 m
1) The underframe length of the wagon is 13m, which can meet the transportation requirements of 100m and 500m long rails;
2) The center beam is made by Q420NQR1 H-shape steel, which has strong bending resistance and high material yield limit;
3) The underframe is paved with a 70mm thick pine floor; the underframe adopts a modular design, and is equipped with a push-pull overturning locking device for loading two 20ft containers or one 40ft container. The lock head is an F-TR lock made of Grade E steel.
4) Two movable end plates are installed at both ends of the vehicle; they are checkered steel plates pressed into groove structure;
5) The railway bogie used on this wagon is the type K6 bogie, which perfectly supports its high-speed and heavy-duty operation.
The NX70A container wagon completed the line dynamic test in June 2009. The maximum running speed of the vehicle in the test is 131 km/h.
The dynamic test of the fully-loaded vehicle simulated two conditions: one is to load two 35 ton containers, the other is to load 70 ton loading frame and sandbags evenly.
The test results show that the maximum vertical acceleration of the empty vehicle is 0.62g, of the fully-loaded vehicle is 0.65g, which meets the requirement of less than 0.7G; the maximum lateral acceleration of the empty vehicle is 0.45g, of the fully-loaded vehicle is 0.29g, which meets the requirement of less than 0.5g. And the wheel axle lateral force, derailment coefficient, load reduction rate, overturning coefficient and various dynamic performance indexes of the empty and loaded vehicle all meet the relevant standards.