AGICO supplies finely made new L70 grain hopper wagons for worldwide clients. This type of grain hopper runs on the standard gauge (1045mm) railways and has a maximum travel speed of 120 km/h. AGICO also creates new grain hopper runs on other gauge rail lines, feel free to contact us for our service details!
Grain hopper wagons (or grain hopper cars in North America) are specialized covered hopper wagons for the transportation of agrarian products like wheat, rice, corn, etc.
Grain hopper wagons can safely and quickly transport grain to areas far away from the production area for sale through railway. The design of the top cover can protect the grain from wind, sun, and rain. The hopper shape is also very helpful for the loading and unloading of bulk grain products. In the season of the grain harvest, freight trains with grain hoppers often appear on the railway lines near farms to transport the harvested grain to other regions.
The L70 grain hopper car was first produced in 2010 and has become the most widely used grain hopper wagon in China nowadays. With a loading capacity of 70 tons, it is mainly used to transport bulk grain such as wheat, corn and soybean on standard gauge railway lines.
L70 Grain Hopper Parameters
- Tare weight: 24.8 t
- Loading capacity: 69 t
- Gauge: 1435 mm
- Axle load: 23 t
- Volume: 98m³
- Specific volume: 1.42 m³/ t
- Hopper inclination: 40°
- Vehicle length: 16466 mm
- Vehicle maximum width: 3344 mm
- Vehicle maximum height: 4195 mm
- Operating speed: 120 km/ h
- Fixed wheelbase: 1830 mm
- Distance between bogie centers: 12400 mm
- Wheel diameter: 840 mm
- Coupler height: 880 mm
- Minimum radius of curvature negotiable: 145 m
- Loading hatch size (L * W): 12620 * 600 mm
- Unloading hatch size (L * W): 800 * 400 mm
L70 Grain Hopper Features
1. The wagon body adopts a large arc cladding structure, making full use of the gauge to increase the loading volume.
2. Using K6 bogies with mature technology and reliable performance to promote the max speed to 120 km/h under the condition of existing railroad lines and bridges.
3. The coupler device is composed of the type-17 coupler and forged coupler tail frame, which improves longitudinal bearing capacity and can meet the requirements of marshalling ten thousand ton trains.
4. The braking system adopts the arrangement mode controlled by bogie on both sides, which effectively improves the braking efficiency and makes the vehicle travel safer.
5. The loading and unloading hatches adopt a long length design, which increases the size of the loading and unloading hatches, and greatly improves the loading and unloading efficiency.
6. The position of the unloading hatches is designed higher for more convenient unloading;
7. The side wall structure adopts a through type support plate design to improve the fluidity of bulk cargo and the space utilization rate.
8. There are four hoppers in each wagon. The bottom unloading hatches adopt a manual plate structure. A special lock device is set on the hatch to guard against theft.